Friday 15 April 2011

A tattoo, sealed with a kiss...

Considering how shit my day started off yesterday, it surprises even me how my life managed to sort itself out by the time I landed in my bed. Firstly, I had been promised by my English workmate J that we would meet at the bus station for a trip to Paraguay... but as I left the hostel the night before he wasn`t fully committed so I knew it would be a case of me ringing him and waking him up.

About 10 phonecalls later, I gave up, rolled over and fell back asleep the next morning. Pissed off but mostly disappointed, I stormed into work and found the sympathy of my workmates very welcoming... but once J came in, he explained he had been waiting for ages at the bus stop and circling my house waiting for me BUT had not taken his phone. Silly boys. Don`t know what they`re thinking most of the time. So we (metaphorically) kissed n made up, and I made other plans to go to Paraguay another time.

After the mishap of the morning, I was left thinking about the reason behind me not going to Paraguay AGAIN and there she was. A cute little Buenos Aires-born lass covered in tattoos and piercings, who I had met the night earlier during work. We got chatting and before I knew it, she had messaged her tattooist friend and he was due to arrive at the hostel at 9 to design me a new tattoo for my neck.

Fast forward to the end of my shift, and I am talking bad Spanish to a cute tattooist while the heavens opened and an unexpected tropical downpour drove everyone inside. This was after several blackouts during dinner and consequently mild chaos in the hostel lobby. At one point I was following around cute little F (cute but he wants to be a priest - seriously, what`s up with this place!!) with a fluro light as he gave out pizza to the guests. Was pretty funny though.

So we went to the staff dorm to do the tattoo, I chose a simple design of a "J" with some stars and once he`d prepared everything safe n securely (new needle and all, bueno), I was sat down and drawn on for 5 minutes. It hardly hurt at all and was all over so quick I couldn`t believe it. He said if I liked it I should give him a kiss... to be honest, I would`ve done THAT either way but anyway.

It cost just $15 and not only did I score a cool tattoo on the back of my neck, but a new friend in my soon-to-be new home, as well as a place to crash. Hmmm, stay with a hot tattooist in one of the biggest party towns in the world? DON`T MIND IF I DO! Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment