Wednesday 20 April 2011

Guest/staff = perfect combo

OK, so I was meant to leave yesterday. But I didn´t. Here they would call that "pajedo" - lazy - but it is entirely true. After waking up next to hot new boy from work and trying a couple of times to unsuccessfully leave his room (with an untimely entrance from an ex-girlfriend halfway through an inappropriate scene), I strolled to the bus stop and headed back to my house. There I hung out with L and A, the latter who had an ambulance called on her after she called in sick to work. Turns out she just slept in and couldn´t be assed to go in. Too funny.

Me and L fully planned on going to the centre to get my bus ticket for that evening, I even packed my bags (mostly) and washed my hair (efffffort), but then we had a smoke and all hope dissolved swiftly into the cloud of smoke that hung around us. Que paja.

We ended up actually making it to the hostel pool, after a massive stoner trek 2 blocks to the minimercado store for some lunch, and hung about with J who again was staying here another night. Had a good laugh about that together. I got the rest of my pay, much more than I was hoping for, so that put a smile on my face. And no deductions for house cleaning or bar till corrections. Woot!

It was so much fun not working, me and J said we felt like guests there except with staff prices haha... played some ball in the pool, I flailed about trying not to get my new tattoo wet (ahh, mi nuca!!) and tried to bargain with the cooks to give us free food on our days off. Because technically I was on my franco (day off) but had also quit. Also not successful.

Had a quiet word with new boy and it was on again for tonight. He had kept his promise to clean his sheets so bada boom bada bang... come 11pm and we were outta there. Albeit a little obviously, given several of us shared the bus and I didn´t get off with the rest at my house. Ahh, I am having "final night drinks" in town as E looked awkwardly out the window... ahh fuck it, I´m leaving anyway.

I WILL leave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment