Friday 14 January 2011

Warm(ish) weather is icy icy baby

It's been raining the last couple of days, which makes for some interesting situations. I have to be extra careful now because the snow is melting away, exposing the ice that has laid underneath for weeks, and even the mud is sometimes slippery. On the other hand, it is pretty good weather (as in 2 jumpers instead of 2 jumpers and a heavy overcoat kinda weather) for wintertime.

But luckily, because of my gammy wrists, I am having an easy day today, largely inside resting (although typing on the computer for hours probably isn't helping the wrist situation) and not having to do the animals in the afternoon. I keep thinking how nice it is of G to give me the afternoon off, then I remember I haven't actually had a day off in the almost two weeks I've been here! Not that I mind, it's not an issue and G needs me to do the work because she physically can't at the moment. Like I said, good brain and body training.

Well, I'm off now to teach myself some more Spanish. Yesterday was numbers 1 - 1000, today basic phrases. OK. Deep breaths. Ouch, my head already hurts thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment