Friday 21 January 2011

English, English, English

Oh, and I forgot to add something about yesterday - I helped again as a native English speaker but this time, in a proper English lesson held by G's friend E. It is so easy helping with a language I've spoken my whole life, but it's good to also see what problems people encounter when learning new languages. Now with my Spanish, I can totally empathise!!

Speaking of which, I am coming along slowly but surely... although every time I think I am getting better, G's sister comes in and rattles off some sentence super fast and I have no idea! I am much better at reading it at this stage! But my little Spanish friend is also helping me, we speak almost every night on Facebook and I try to talk with him in Spanish where possible.

Actually, he says he wants to come to Australia after he finishes his law exams at the end of the year and we can get married. Or I can move to Spain. I like Spain but I don't think so. Let's just see if he ever gets to Australia first.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with E and then helping a young boy from her neighbourhood who is having trouble with his English. I don't really mind but sometimes I feel I should be getting paid for this! I mean, G is paying me to be at the farm but all this extra stuf... hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment