Tuesday 18 January 2011

Rodeo camel girl vs. mud

A few clouds nudged the sunshine around a little today, but overall it wasn't all that bad - especially for winter. I tried exercising the camels on horseback but it was quite difficult with the super slippery mud and a young horse full of beans. With one hand I was whipping the camels along (or trying to), with the other I was trying to stop my horse from bucking and simultaneously breaking its leg falling down. Hey, I've never been a woman afraid of a little multitasking!!

I went into Melk with G today kinda by mistake - I thought she was going into Krems and I would be able to check out the town, but Melk I have already been to so I had 2 hours to kill which I spent wandering around the monastry gardens. At one point I wanted out and the gate was locked so I scaled the perimeter looking for a way to jump out - it being an old fortress this task wasn't so simple.

Eventually I walked back to the main gates, shifted to the right and tried the next door... which was open. I hope they didn't have security cameras. What an idiot.

Now I'm trying to learn the Spanish days of the week and some more little things... I am not sure if I'm cramming too much and if it will all just seep slowly out while I'm not looking, but I fully intend to be able to converse slightly before I leave this place. That's six weeks away.

The travel agent hasn't gotten back to me about my flights. She must be super busy. Just want to get it sorted so I can then sort out my visa for Brazil. The guy was really nice when I rang up to ask questions... it sounds pretty simple to get, they even said they'd take a photo of me instead of having to go to a passport machine. Super sweet!

The weather looks like it's back on the descent over the next five days, so that's AWESOME. Hmm... Was getting used to this pleasant, non-freezing environment. Ahh well, back to 3 jumpers it is then. Well, gotta go and cook myself some dinner. Becoming quite handy in the kitchen these days... if only I had someone to cook for. Hahaha...loner.

No comments:

Post a Comment