Friday 7 January 2011

RIP little guinea pigs

January 5 and we've got this animal routine down pat. The girls had their first chance to ride the horses and I had some more practice on a now much calmer Barack. But first we had to clean the guinea pigs and rabbit pen.

Firstly, until now I didn't even realise G owned these animals. Secondly, the pen hadn't been cleaned for a few weeks and when I lifted up one of the little houses I found 3 dead guinea pigs. Gross. 1 big one and 2 little babies :( Actually, that reminds me that we have bury them today.

So where was I. OK, guinea pigs. We sorted them out, then later on went for the ride. The girls were pretty basic in their riding skills, but still had fun (I hope!). We didn't take the camels this time, it would've been a bit hectic with the girls.

Afterwards, G drove us into town to check out the Melk monastary which is just beautiful. However, us being tightass travelers, we didn't want to fork out almost 10 euros to go for the inside tour and just admired the pictures from the souvenir shop of what it would have looked like. Oh well, we got close enough. We walked a little around Melk but retreated soon after for a hot chocolate indoors as it was getting a little too cold. But damn, that hot chocolate was good.

This night we didn't go out, just chilled a bit while G went to visit some relatives. It was good downtime. I got to bed at a very respectable hour and was a little more fresh when I woke up the next day. Unfortunately so was the weather, and I found it very difficult to get out of my warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment