Sunday 2 January 2011

My first white Christmas

Wow, what an experience the last few 10 days have been!! Last I posted I hadn't even time to talk about Christmas, then I was whisked off to Prague to see the sights, and attend a Buddhist retreat including a massive NYE party. And now I'm in Austria. So let me start at the beginning...

First... IT WAS SNOWING!!! Finally, my first white Christmas!!!! I could not believe it, I was so happy. Beautiful snowflakes everywhere :)

As I explained earlier, I was invited to join M, T and his family at M's sister's house on this day. Everyone was just so lovely, I even got some small pressies and gave some too, and I got to play with their family Labrador - so sweet!!

The crazy thing about Christmas, though, was what was going on inside my head. On one hand, I was extremely sad to be without my family on this special day but also I was so overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of the people around me. They really made me feel welcomed and part of the family, I just couldn't believe how bless I was.

Some of the feelings I was having were really deep and I don't know if explaining it in words would really do them justice, but after celebrating for two days with these beautiful people, I felt I was much more ready to experience the Buddhist retreat and soak up what it had to teach me.

But this was just December 24 (when Germans and all of Europe celebrate Christmas). Then we have the REAL Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment