Wednesday 19 January 2011

Everyone wants a piece...

I vetoed riding today as a slight rain continued to dampen the already slippery as hell (would hell be slippery? Probably not) ground, and the horses built up a larger vat of energy to expend on me next time I clambered on.

Straight after the morning feeding and mucking out, I rushed to join the weekly English class G and her friends held, this time at the farm, and helped to explain and translate some stories. It was hard work! Then I shared with them the poem I wrote for my mates' wedding, trying to get them to see a different way of applying English to creative writing. Found 3 spelling mistakes as I was reading through - embarrassing much??

The animals - mainly horses and cat called No Name after years of no one naming it - were staring at me to give them attention, let them out, just do SOMETHING other than rush past with coffee cups and tea thermoses. That cat has just gotten way too damn used to our morning cuddles. But apparently it's the first time it's done that with anyone, so I guess that's nice.

Other than that, I have kept pretty chilled today. It was that just-wanna-feel-cosy kinda weather, and I didn't want to push myself too much. I have to get up before 6am tomorrow (hating life) to get finished earlier to accompany E to her English class as a special guest native speaker. They're milkin' me, that's fo sho!! Ha! But G said I was the best helper so far with English classes because I understand the mentality of the environment the best. Maybe she's just buttering me up with all these compliments so I work harder... haha... nah... I really am awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment