Friday 28 January 2011

Frozen Malteser poo balls

I could tell from the early skerricks of morning that it was going to be a beautiful day. Albeit accompanied by tit-freezing wind, but cloudless and sunny nonetheless. I started by hacking at the frozen camel poo - little balls that closely resemble Maltesers - on the ground and hoisting my jacket higher up my neck (why didn't I wear my scarf??) until I had worked enuf to not feel the cold as much.

I sent myself to my room - away from the internet - to practise Spanish and had a good session of memorising more words. Urgh, my brain is almost exploding! Finally cleaned the sink in my room - one of those tasks I remember I need to do each night as I brush my teeth and am just about to go to bed. Then remember again the next night as I brush my teeth... and it goes on.

In the afternoon, I went out for two rides in the forest that is the backyard. It was SO GORGEOUS out there... just me, my horse and occasionally some stags and wild mountain sheep frollicking about, with the sun slanting in through the conifers. Cantering through the powdery snow in the afternoon sunlight is something I will never forget. Just breathtaking. Would've looked a right fool smiling to myself had the deers given a shit. Was also very impressed at the younger horse I rode, the leopard appaloosa coloured one (Creo). I think I have a new favourite.

Chatted to the British girl due here next week on Skype, and she seems lovely. I wonder if she can massage... my shoulders are starting to ache. Maybe leave that question a couple of days. I had a thought today... the last person I knew from England with her name I had a threesome with on my boyfriend/guy I was seeing's birthday, which was the beginning of the end of things with him (he wasn't the third person involved...). Imagine if it's her haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment