Thursday 13 January 2011

English haunts me

No matter how hard I try to distance myself from the world of English teaching, it just comes back to haunt me. Well, I make it sound worse than it is really, but yesterday I was included as special guest native speaker in G's regular English get-together with a few friends. They could all speak quite good English so I was just tuning them on the finer points when needed. Now the lady who runs it wants me to come along to her proper class of adults in Melk. Whatever, it's not like it's hard to speak my language!

Other than that, the day wasn't too different than the rest. I had to have a sleep after the English lesson because the first solo day had made me a little weary, but I was wide awake again after I jumped on Barack for a couple of bucks along with my ride.

I forgot to say, one of the first things I did here was name the next door neighbour's cat who had just adopted herself into this family because I don't think they fed it. So I called it Chloe. I don't know why, the name just seemed to fit. It is such a pretty name.

Anyway, I'm rambling now and before I post about today, I need to get the sweet potatoes out of the oven before they burn - sheizer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment