Monday 3 January 2011

Pretty pretty Prague

So I am in Prague. Excited to be alive. After a somewhat uncomfortable sleep in the hostel in a saggy bed on top of a snoring party animal (and I swear some kind of bug was biting me but I think I was just paranoid - it happens when the hostel is only 3.78 euros a night!!), I was ready to see what this fantastic city had to offer.

Got talking to a nice British man staying in my dorm and we ended up sightseeing together. Stomach pains brought me back earlier than planned to wallow a little in my own self pity before the painkillers kicked in, and meanwhile aforementioned party animal awoke from his slumber to tell me my "beautiful smiling face was the nicest wake up he's had in a while". Later, he wrote a song about me called "Sweet Wild Angel Child". Well, I don't know if it was really about me but he insisted I inspired him to finish it. Sweet.

So I got some good pics of Prague in the wintertime. It is really such an amazing place, full of tourists but amazing. Definitely the prettiest part of eastern Europe I have seen so far. In the wintertime the rooftops look dusted with icing sugar and the streets hang heavy with the sweet smell of mulled wine and punch. I wish I had a chance to see more of it but alas...

Somehow I got my new friend T to agree to dying my hair red and after massively underestimating the amount I need for my collosal mop, painted about a dozen of the wretched things in the hostel room and kept a remarkably good handle on turning everything period colour. Ewwwww.

The dye job was average, the colour not as bright as promised (they never are, are they??) but I was glad I did it before the meditation camp as I'd been promising myself for ages.

I had a few beers at the hostel, made some friends and a few of us went bar hopping to the places we found without cover charge. Was not that exciting so we just headed back and I got a better night sleep in a different bunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment