Tuesday 11 January 2011

Camel ride... reach for the sky!

Yesterday was the last time I would have the American girls' help, so I really made the most of it. We cleaned, cleaned, cleaned all these different rooms and got the hay and straw ready, and got kinda obsessed with kicking up the melting pieces of shit ice (literally, shit and ice mixed together). My favourite call was from K saying, "Oooooh, I got a big chunk!!" We really need to get out more.

The factory is back from holidays, so we have a bustling little property here in Eitental. We also have picky secretaries that don't like us smelling like camel in her office. Dammit.

A man with a small tractor piled the compost heap up to make more room and in the process unearthed the deer guts and amputated heads we'd so delicately covered up after the hunter kindly left them there from his kill. Gross. But I have to admit, this deer meat is the SHIZ NIZ. Restaurant quality.

I helped G to drop some clothes off to a recycling bin, my suggestion after she said she wanted to burn them, and was told on the way home they used to belong to a former riding pupil of hers that killed herself at 30. Grim ride home.

My skin is getting really dry from this weather. It's balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment