Sunday 2 January 2011

The REAL Christmas day

December 25. When us Australians and many other (civilised) parts of the world like to celebrate Christmas. And even though it's not traditionally the German Christmas, I was invited once again to join in the second day of eating too much and meeting up with family, via M's parents in Munich.

While yesterday we feasted on weiner (sausage), potato salad and pretzels, today's menu was just to die for. Starting with chestnut soup (wow), we then had salad, then for mains a roast beef that had marinaded three days in red wine, potato dumplings, vegetarian bread and herb dumplings, and lots of gravy. I just ate a million slices of pizza for dinner but my mouth still waters at this description.

Then came dessert and we were STUFFED! Well, kinda, me and T still had to have more later on that evening because we're fat shits.

Again, the family (this time from the father's side) were all really nice and I had a wonderful time. Nipped off to the computer for a moment to organise my travel to Prague, and then for the first time since coming to Munich, fell asleep not drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment