Thursday 27 January 2011

Pretty sure the cat is knocked up... just saying

My shoulder muscles are starting to ache a little now. I need a massage. Some magic hands, please.

Bad news on the Vienna front too, which I forgot to mention earlier. The flights have shot up in price so I don't think any of my mates from London will be making the trip. Good news is that I have reconnected with an old school friend I drifted apart rather unceremoniously from years ago, and she - by chance - is also living in Austria so hopefully we'll see each other before I go to South America. BUT, can you believe, she is also going to SA around the same time! Sign?? I think so.

I went riding today in the front paddock with the camels, very briefly, then again in the afternoon with one of the older girls that is training G's horse in Parelli. We went a bit faster and actually almost galloped, which was nice but I was a little apprehensive because I am not used to going so fast in snow. And my horse wanted to run! But it was all good.

Got me some fandangle, sparkly new suspenders today - braces, if you will - which I actually need to keep my jodphurs up which are losing elasticity around the waist. No, it's cos I'm just losing so much weight, that's it. Haha... well, people actually think I am losing weight but as it has been my whole life, I am always the same, just in different lights and clothing. I am eating so much chocolate I don't see how it is possible I am losing weight.

So I am in love with my new suspenders. They made them right in front of me, I just pointed to the horsey design and snip, sew, clip - done! I wondered why anyone invented belts at all. Then I went to the toilet. That's why. A little awkward especially given how much clothes I am wearing in this winter chill (getting colder again) but I will deal with it for their awesomeness. Have already decided to ask for another pair, this time in a more neutral colour so I can team them with other items of clothing. Can't wait!

Oh, and I am putting dibs on the fact that the neighbours adopted cat, who I named Chloe, is up the duff. Despite being thought to be neutered. Just putting it out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment