Sunday 30 January 2011

Cake and coffee... wait, COFFEE???!!!

DRY. That is the only word I can use to describe today. Dry in my throat, dry in the wind that swept into every crevace of my body and clothes, dry in the snow and dry in the water troughs. Everything is now frozen, I have to walk each horse to the small auto watering system to drink one at a time. In this freezing cold, it's not ideal. Bring on the English girl - she can do it! haha

I was promised a horseride this afternoon but - thankfully considering the sheer iciness of the weather - G was late coming home and I was all done with the stables as the sun was almost down. Instead, I rested a little and took it easy. I had a really odd thing happen while I was sleeping last night. I don't recall this ever happening before... in my dream I was back in Oz, organising things and having all these great ideas. Then, because I was on such a roll with said ideas, I actually woke myself up and continued to brainstorm in realtime. What this effectively did, however, was keep me awake for a couple of hours from about 2am. Restless.

At first I just tustled about, waiting for the daily alarm clock that is the 6am church bells next door to chime away. But, with no sound for quite some time, I looked at my phone and it flashed 2:19 at me. Urgh.

So, all in all, I wanted a rest today. I pretty much finished the manual for the farm, which I am quite proud of and which I'm sure G never dreamed she would have, and I did some more Spanish. Head currently overloading with information. I wonder how many people are crazy enuf to actually attempt to learn a language in 2 months. I'm shit but I am still trying!!

Ate a MASSIVE piece of delicious apricot slice today during high tea in the afternoon with grandma and friends, and forced myself to drink most of a coffee she poured me without asking. It is the second time I've done that out of politeness in my life and I hope to god it is at least another 10 years before I have to do it again. Hideous. The taste of coffee lingered in my throat for hours afterwards, finalls replaced by garlic in the evening. Not sure if that's all that much better, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment