Wednesday 26 January 2011

South American plans slowly take form...

Well, my whip blister didn't live too long to see this world. I popped it while cutting the beets for the deer. In the eerie basement. Although, in recent times, finding a gigantic pile of moulding sugar beets in an Austrian basement instead of anything else is something many would consider lucky...

The snow was a sight to see this morning - at one point the flakes were MASSIVE and I stopped working to try and catch one to look at at. Well, technically they aren't giant flakes, just a whole bunch of smaller flakes bunched together. Still, I love them!

G asked if I wanted to ride after the morning work and, considering her 10-day leave to a health retreat (well, someone's gotta do it, right?) would mean no riding in her absence, I said yes. I got to choose who I rode, so I took out the youngest Creo (also the spotted leopard one!) who is a nervous wreck. He was as expected. Then Gnom again who, rather than being fast and having to be reined in all the time, actually verged on being lazy today. Is it me or him??

I spent the rest of my day concreting the Spanish I'd taught myself in my room or while mucking out. Problem with the latter is that I always get back to "I love you" and then BOOM, Rihanna's Te Amo is in my head and I find myself losing all interest in espanol and shaking my ass to "she put 'er 'and around me waist" instead. Dammit, now it's back in my head.

Started to get a little tired of listening to G's husband talk about why the way he lived his life was the best way (breathe) and henceforth politely declined his offer of going for a drive to a racetrack (more one-on-one time with him). I wouldn't have minded seeing some nice vintage cars but I just needed some "me" time, and I was tired of agreeing with him.

After yesterday's efforts with writing intro letters to South American Help X places, I got 2 replies from Argentina, 2 from Peru and one from Ecuador. All but 1 in Argentina were positive so now it's just a case of seeing what fits where... possibly when I get to Brazil. Some will incur massive bus trips but it's nothing I ain't done before. I don't want to commit to too much though, and then find I get some other random opportunity when I hit South America that I really have to take. But most of the places seem pretty casual so we'll see...

As it stands, I want to get to Brazil, then Bolivia on my way to Peru, then upwards to Ecuador and down down down to Argentina and finally Chile, where I fly home to. Woot woot!! Excitement plus. About EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment