Monday 14 March 2011

Wait - aren`t you gay??

Saturday night. Boat party time.

I escaped the house as quick as possible this day, scouring the streets for an internet cafe as my host had turned into a big, bad mood bear and I was getting the distinct impression my time there had run out. So, even though I planned to stay just 2 more days in Rio, I just could not picture facing another day there. At the internet cafe I wrote a message to D, who I had met on the CS hike up the mountain the other day, and who`d said I could crash at his if things got too much at the apartment. He replied straight away saying it was fine, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

However, I couldn`t move that day because I had the boat party to go to after all! And I knew it would be a rather large night so I wouldn`t really even be sleeping in the house, just getting back at god knows when, packing my shit and leaving.

I walked to the marina for the boat party and sweated about 10kgs in the damp air. Oh man, it was hot!! So hard to look nice when you`re dripping with sweat!! But anyway... before long I had made new friends and had a few drinks bought for me. Not as many as last time, and I didn`t get on the boat for free this time (but got a discount cos I know the organiser) so I didn`t really get drunk. But that was OK. No dramas.

The boat ride was really nice, as it was last time. We drifted around the harbour, which is framed by mountains - most of which had halos of cloud, and at one point it pissed down with rain so we retreated under cover but kept dancing. The crowd was different to last time, not as crazy (I guess Carnaval is over!) and my friends that organise it said it was mostly a birthday party, and those people were a bit boring and complained about the music, being seasick, et al... And didn`t buy me many drinks. So they lost points for that.

I found out where a few of them were going afterwards, but ended up staying with the organisers (a really nice couple I met last boat party through my little posse of Brazilian beauties) and going to a gay club with them. We faffed around for what seemed like forever (but doing some important errands (particularly for South America... I, uh, hear coke is about AUD$9 for 2g) so didn`t end up actually getting into the club until after 2am... but we got in for free so I guess it wasn`t all bad haha

The strangest thing happened at the club, though... besides being pickpocketed of course. That ain`t strange for Rio! Only lost a bit of cash but it was still annoying. Anyway, the strangest thing happened... all these gay guys were grabbing me and kissing me! Gay guys! Say whhaaaa?? I went to the club thinking I would not get harrassed but it was almost worse than normal! And none of them can kiss well! What`s the deal?? But man, they had good bodies... Sweet Jesus.

Had we been wearing socks, we would`ve danced them off at this club. Good times. But then I could see V and J were fading, and I knew it was time to vamos. Got driven to my door by J because I needed to grab some cash from the house to pay him back for the drinks he bought for me in the club post-pickpocket incident. He didn`t have much change so I ended up more out of pocket than I had hoped but that`s life I guess.

When I got into the house, I laid down on the mattress and closed my eyes. And willed myself to sleep. Somehow, I managed a few hours. Then it was time to go to my new host!

No comments:

Post a Comment