Friday 18 March 2011

Celebrating new jobs

Woke up with hair smelling of wet dog - and still wet - and sorted my shit out by checkout time, somehow. Actually didn´t feel that bad. Surprisingly. I waited around the reception for the manager to ask about work, as I had mentioned it to a girl behind the desk and she said it was possible. There was no rush as the girls wanted to get a late bus to Buenos Aires, so I had time to figure out if I was staying of going with them.

Eventually, the manager came and the conversation went as followed: "Hi, I hear you want a job." "Yes." "OK." And there it was. I was a working girl once again. No questions about my experience, languages, etc etc... I have to work 6 days a week, 8 hours a day (but it is SO chilled out), will work the bar and get paid a little as well as put up with the staff and fed while I work... oh, and get staff discounts for everything here. Like half price. Sorted.

This now means I get a month or so - whatever I want - to chill out at this amazing hostel that has so many cool people working there and coming through the doors. I will make so many new friends, hear from good travel stories, get some good advice, maybe meet someone to travel onto the next place with... and neutralise my budget!! After a month here, I will be in a much better position to continue traveling. I plan on getting to Patagonia at some stage and I hear that can be expensive so this is definitely a good thing.

To celebrate (or maybe just because), I got drunk again that night. After I saw off the girls and their new English friend from the previous night on the bus to Buenos Aires, I spotted a kinda black guy and started talking with him. Well, turns out he is Aussie which is a bummer but he was cool anyway. He wasn`t even staying at the hostel, just heard it was the place to be! His mates came along a bit later and we all drank and ate together.

I was thinking the whole time, hmmm he`s cute and fun to be around, but he`s Aussie so no chance there... But, as it turns out, there was indeed interest and we eventually hooked up. Nice one. But it was a chilled affair, nothing too passionate or over-the-top, kinda nice. I got his details when he left but who knows if I will ever speak to him again...

Got walked to the door by the must-be-gay-but-feel-he-is-making-a-pass guy who works in the kitchen, and heard a faint knock 5 minutes later when I was about to get into bed. "You sure you don`t wanna come out with us?" (in super fast gay Spanish)... no, my dear, I start work at 10 and I am drunk enuf!

No comments:

Post a Comment