Friday 18 March 2011

Falls, hostel resorts and Beer Pong

I`m not quite sure how many days I have been at this new hostel but I can safely say it`s been an eventful period of my life. Firstly, after one night down the road from the girls at Marcopolo Suites, I met them at Hostel Inn (the most popular hostel in Foz Iguazu - I wonder why, with a massive swimming pool, late opening outdoor bar, nightly activities, revolving door of backpackers, 200 plus beds... - and we slowly (that is the only speed to go in this weather) made our way to the falls to see them from the Argentinian side.

Again, it was breathtaking. Only this side it was breathtaking from inside a speedboat screaming into the actual waterfalls. Insane. There was a fair amount of faffing around again, and time ran away with us to the point that we didn`t get the train to the other end of the national park and just bailed in time for the park to close.

OMG, I saw raccoons!! If anyone has ever seen these creatures, they would know how funny they are... seriously, like a cartoon character. Although, to be fair, most of Australia`s native animals are the same. Including me.

So, sweating and panting, we made it back to the hostel and I waited til the sky was going down before walking down the road to retreive my bag from the other hostel and join the girls at the big resort one. Although I didn`t get roomed with them I was not far, and had a bunch of Germans in with me. A bunch being just a few, as these rooms are actually quite small for dorms and all have bathrooms that just 2 rooms share. All in all, pretty impressive hostels.

That night was epic. We befriended a mixed group of Americans, Australians and English, and ended up having an unexpected random piss-up that involved drinking games and one English girl going buck-wild getting naked trying to distract the guys from winning Beer Pong. It didn`t work but it was certainly entertaining.

Fast forward into the night and we were in the pool, I had by this time lost my bikini top (lost meaning... uh, thrown off) and was on the shoulders of one English guy who I made think had thrown me and my rastas into the water. I waited til the next day to tell him I had already wet them before he came along haha... oh, he had felt so bad!!

Spotted a cute but ultimately young Argentinian who I just had to kiss... scared the SHIT out of the poor little tucker but still got to kiss him. And woot woot, Argentinians have turned out to be better than Brazilians at kissing... hot Argentinian from Rio an exception, I had to teach him a little... Taught the others the "only" way to do Tequila shots and the party continued.

Stumbled into my room and passed out still half wet about 4:30am, don`t know how that happened... but had to wake in time for checkout the next day... smart move.

No comments:

Post a Comment