Thursday 24 March 2011

Dodgy Paraguay

A quick post today, as I`ve not much time before I start work and really, not a lot has happened that would warrant blog mentions. I went to the 3 Frontiers, basically just a lookout next to a bus stop and a few measly, tacky market stalls that lets you see Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil meet on the river. Pretty cool to think there are 3 countries virtually within reach, but once me and my American friends saw it, that was it. So... lunch??

The weather has turned a little in the last couple of days, still hot of course but a bit more sticky cos of humidity and a little rain. So I haven`t gotten much more sun but still have my tan, phew!! Long way to go though...

The Americans hopped across the border to Paraguay after the frontiers but I didn`t have my passport with me, so I bailed and got a local phone card instead. Luckily, though, since they bought a new camera lens (not a cheap one!!) and then found out later they`d been overcharged. M went back to argue with them the next day - major mission - and ended up only getting half the amount he was overcharged back. Must be careful when I go to get a camera! But the staff are organising a trip there to buy some shit (electronics are super cheap there) so it will be much better with locals.

Anyway, must run, I am hungry and need to sort myself out before work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment