Tuesday 8 March 2011

I´m on a boat

I spent yesterday on a boat sailing through the bay surrounding Rio, green-grassed mountains by my back and thumping house in my ears. I was invited by my new friend N who I´d spent that epic night (and following day) with just recently, and a few of her mates.

Having been fed and watered at her house (though I don´t wanna know what kind of meat I was eating in that dish...), and primped and primed (as well as possible in the same clothes as the day before), we headed out to the marina. A bit of miscommunication meant her friends met us outside the front of her house and our taxi drove straight to the marina - without stopping at my apartment as I´d hoped. So I was destined to spend another day in my old clothes with little money in my wallet. The latter not such a bad thing in my circumstance.

The boat party was being organised by a couple they knew, and was 25 Brazilian Rias to get in. Thankfully, we never ended up paying that and I was able to survive on buying just one drink and being shouted the rest by other guys on the boat. It was a beautiful way to spend an afternoon - the only thing missing was the sun :( Saw it for about 10 minutes, I think.

N looked hot in a little Carnaval party dress, and her mates were also beautiful. One in particular has invited me to stay with her in Sao Paolo, where she lives normally, if I choose to go. Apparently the clubs there are pretty good, so it is definitely an option. Just have to check out prices and geographic possibilities.

During the boat party, I had more experience with what I´ve become accustomed to as normal behaviour for Rio guys... strike up a conversation, tell me I´m beautiful, they love my eyes, my hair etc, can they kiss me? Yawn. No. Except for N - she´s fine. One such guy was a professional skateboarder, just a pity he was not one of the fine ones.

When the boat party ended, we piled into the car of the organizer/DJ who I somehow managed to get to ask me to sing one of the tracks he was laying down... sweet. Wonder if that will ever happen. I was unexpectedly quite drunk and when we got to the gay club we were aiming for, I ended up having to dash to the dirty hamburger cart to fire some unexplained meat and toppings into my gob. I did this twice. Two massive burgers. Makes me ill to think of it now.

Anyway, we didn´t end up going into the club as it was ridiculously expensive to get in, and we just went to the house of the organising couple to listen to some tunes and party South American style. Ahem. Thankfully, a few of the guys spoke English so I was able to converse more than the previous 24 hours of mayhem.

I ended up back at my apartment about 7am, when I had to dash up and get some cash for the taxi and then jump in the shower to meet the girls again. However, when I came back down we decided it was easiest to all get some sleep and reconvene when we were alive again. J made me promise to call them when I rose, and they would wake up even if they were sleeping, and come back to get me. Sweethearts. My new posse!!

I have managed to stay on budget SOMEHOW (I´m pretty sure), it´s been easy enuf to get drinks bought for me and club entry paid, let´s hope it continues... Although with all this galavanting around in taxis, I´m not quite sure my good behaviour will continue.

Anyway, time to do some good old-fashioned research about my next destination...

No comments:

Post a Comment