Monday 28 March 2011

Settling into local life

The rains are here. Like only a tropical town can offer, they come in waves of terrential downpour then stop completely, shine intense sun then arrive again amid spotted clouds. Today is the first day it has been consistent, and surprise surprise it is the only day I have woken up without a hangover ready to get some sun on my back. Shit life.

I have settled into life here, still desperately trying to get a handle of my Spanish (so impatient, just want to know it NOW) but living down the road gives me a taste of local life. I often share the bus with a crowd of schoolkids or just older locals, who obviously all speak Spanish, so it´s really cool. I just stare out the window at all the things going on, and thank myself I am not surrounded by English-speaking backpackers 24/7. Though sometimes it comes close.

Hot Mankurian from the hammock decided to head to Bolivia (maybe I was shit in the sack? haha) so I am turning my attentions back onto some key staff members here. 2 of the cutest I found out yesterday were brothers (GOOD breeding stock there!!) and they live together without their parents so that could be tricky to manouver. One I kissed the night before I started working here but since I found out he has a gf, the other I would go for but don´t want to first to find out.

Then there is C.... sigh. He is the super religious one that has vowed chastity until marriage, and who I THOUGHT was 28 but actually is 18. Eek. But he is still my favourite, sooo gorgeous and nice and interested in me but... sigh, who knows. The main problem is with shift times and lack of transport etc. We will just have to see how things develop. He owes me a kiss though. Can´t remember why but I remember he just does.

No comments:

Post a Comment