Tuesday 8 February 2011

Unexpected riding ahead

Had a mini bout of depression this morning, brought on by a couple of small mishaps during the morning rounds. First, Mustafa (the big stallion I had issues with yesterday) kicked me. Again. I don't know what has changed, we were so good together before... sigh as heart falters. Then I stupidly didn't open a gate when I let the camels through and the ensuing confusion caused raucous behaviour from the camels and the smallest one fell over from being picked on so much. Poor thing was bleeding on the hind leg afterwards. I've made a special note to pamper her a little today.

G called and said she will be back for a couple of hours (is that allowed at this health retreat??? hmmm...) so this means we can go riding - yay!!! I have been selected hard-mouthed Hafi, oh what joy, and I don't know how the ground is up there now the snow has melted to mud, but it should be fun anyway. The day is nice enuf for it...

We got a lot done again today, we didn't even think about "11sies"... well, I actually did but by that stage it was actually past 12. Good sign. The less eating, the better. These jodphurs need to stay done up, thank you!!

So I told W he need not take us to Vienna on Thursday, as J from Friday night is happy to do it. Now we just need to avoid telling G too much or she might make L stay home and miss out on the day trip. Boo. But it will be good to finally introduce G and L - can't believe she's been here a week and has never met her "boss"! I think this actually might be a new record for G... leaving before a new helper comes. I'll take that as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment