Friday 4 February 2011

Prediction: heavy head tomorrow

Today turned into an absolutely glorious winter day, a sign that weather predictions were indeed on the money. Warm weather on its way!! While I wasn't sure in the cool of the morning, when the sky held an eerie half raincloud/half suncloud appearance, the sun was soon victorious and the snow began to melt.

Things went even quicker today, with L getting the hang of how things work and me adapting my down-pat routine to work her in. We set ourselves to work, crossing off item after item on the "to do" list as we knew tomorrow would be a no go zone - tonight will be the first night out I've had since the local "ball" about a month ago. I am scaling the walls.

We managed to squeeze in a turbo-sauna before joining G's mum for dinner again, our heads spinning from the recent blasts of heat as we graced the table to make polite and simple English conversation with the 89 year old sweetie.

Now it's all about getting back to my room and slapping on some makeup to disguise my hippiness, and then it's off to the pub with some younger friends (younger as in less than 50) I made at the ball last time. I am just glad G isn't here because tomorrow morning we will be worse for wear. Just a feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment