Friday 11 February 2011

Drizzly, unmotivating day... wait, am I in London??

I struggled to get out of bed today... it's been a steady decline in the morning stakes since I realised how long I've been doing early morning starts. Making matters worse, it was raining (my body must've known) and dreary so we were naturally instantly unmotivated by life. In general. Felt like I was back in London.

Brandishing whip and a fuck-you attitude, I moved the camels around and succeeded in not having Mustafa make a mockery out of me today. Still got the factory hand to help me tying him up though... on G's orders, of course. I would've managed... maybe. I felt like we were moving in slow motion - maybe because each step we took was calculated due to extremely slippery conditions - but at the end we weren't finished all that much later than normal.

The boss was due back today after her 10-day health retreat, sure to be brimming with life and energy, so I wasn't quite sure if I was ready to have her back in the picture. On one hand, I was excited about having her back because she is a funny little ball of energy that always has new things to do... on the other, she could start ordering us around doing this n that every second because there are two of us now.

Happily, she was the former, mostly concerned with unpacking and settling herself back into the house than finding chores for us to do. I showed her what we'd done while she was gone, and that seemed to please her. I am actually surprised, she hasn't pushed us to do much at all, I guess figuring the weather was a bit of a dampener (bad pun alert)... or maybe the worst is yet to come tomorrow. Eeeeeeeek!

L is still praying we get to ride, I guess I am too but I know how shitty it can be when it's wet n slippery. It will be funny to see her try to move the camels but I know it takes some getting used to, so I wouldn't be surprised if she just moved around the edges silently for the first few times. I just hope her presence means less effort for me and therefore less whip blisters on thumbs.

My old school friend rang today re Vienna - seems she's still keen as mustard to come along, just looking into trains now. Would be awesome if it all worked out... Vienna is such a nice city and there is still so much of it I haven't seen. Like the butterfly nursery!! Also wouldn't mind getting some pints in with aforementioned mate, it's been a while between drinks - literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment