Monday 28 February 2011

Draaaaaaaaaaaaag that farewell out

Mentally prepared to leave shortly after this morning's stables. Stayed up later last night to get my Spanish course finished, pack my bags, etc etc... all the find in the morning my lift had changed her mind and was now leaving much later in the day.

This, of course, is good news for me in terms of riding as it means I get one last whoop-di-do on my favourite spotty little four-legged friend (I am ASSUMING she would not give me any other horse today!). And, if I'm lucky, maybe another ride on the camels. Maybe this will be my time to fall. Imagine that... I get to the end of my 2 months here and on the last day... haha...

Bad news, however, in terms of me having to keep helping out around here. I know it sounds lazy, but when you've prepared yourself to do your last work in the stables in the morning... then to have to tackle the mountain of leftover dinner dishes, and the rest, it's a little annoying. At least G is out and we can chill a bit before she gets back and starts the riding.

The weather has turned much more autumny lately (like an Aussie winter), sun out n shining and actually making the air a little warmer. Down to wearing just one pair of tights under my joddies and not even my big, heavy jacket all the time. Ease me into that heat... thanks Austria.

I have a little care package for Vienna and the plane, including (of course) CHOCOLATE!! Don't know how I am going to pull off a Brazilian bikini but hey, no one knows me there so I can look like a beached whale safe with the knowledge that I will never see these people again. Or maybe I will. While dancing on a street pillar in the middle of a Carnival party. One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment