Monday 28 February 2011

Muy poco dinero por America del Sur... will she survive??

So here I am. Sitting in a friend's apartment in central Vienna. Hair wrapped in a towel, trying desperately to dry after its first wash in over 2 months (well, I wasn't about to bother during my 2 months at the camel farm!!), and kinda hoping I don't have to leave this place until tomorrow morning on the way to the airport. Just so tired.

Was looking forward to one last ride today but as it turned out, the friend giving me a lift to Vienna (and a place to crash) had to leave earlier so I whisked myself out the door, gave a farewell hug to a teary (I think) L and said bye to G via phone (ha! Always on a mission somewhere, that woman). L tells me she went riding solo on my favourite horse after I left, something we could've done had I known I'd be leaving earlier and miss our lunchtime ride. The weather was the nicest it's been since I got to Austria. But oh well.

So now, as I sit here, I am pondering just how I am going to surive in South America on as little money as I have. Seriously. Only about USD$1500 in cash and less than 800 pounds in the bank. There. You have it. I am broke. And attempting to travel through South America for 4 months. Wait, wait, I was wrong. I am broke AND stupid. But up for a challenge.

You heard it here first. This rambling white rasta woman is taking the scariest step so far in her crazy gypsy adventure, and I am not gonna lie, it is gonna be tough. But if I keep faith in the life that has so far delivered AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, I know whatever happens will form one of the most (if not the most) insanely inspiring chapters in the most memorable year of my life. But it ain't over yet. Turn page now...

No comments:

Post a Comment