Friday 18 February 2011

Dancing my way to Vienna

Despite yesterday being largely lazy and relaxing, I still didn't get time to blog, so here we go. G left early in the morning and wasn't due back til the evening, so we did our stable work and then settled in for a chilled-out day. A good thing, really, as the previous days and coming days were due to be quite busy.

We continue to pile our dirty clothes onto the newly re-installed washing machine (feel sorry for the worker who does it) - now that our bathroom (with new shower for helpers) is almost finished - and I use the opportunity to get EVERYTHING clean. Including the jackets I'd have thought were dry-clean only. Because the worker who washes them seems to know how to handle any material, thank god. Who knows when I'll get this chance again.

My temper has settled a little, after we learnt that G was perhaps a little more stressed lately because of troubles with the elastics business and also because I realise she has been making extra effort to give us camel rides, training, etc so I am not going to bitch. Or at least try. Also, we found out she has ALWAYS had people cleaning up after her - from housemaids as a child to workers and helpers now - so that's probably why she doesn't think to clean up after herself. I just can't imagine that kind of life, even having grown up with my OCD cleaning mum ("You finished with that cup" "Actually, no I-" "Good, I'll put it in the dishwasher").

We used the quiet time also to have a sauna, probably the last one we'll get to have, and it was bliss. I could feel the camel smell pouring from my pores... and afterwards, that feeling of being in a cocoon of warmth... just divine. Like I could walk into the Austrian winter totally naked and still be warm.

Today we also don't expect much work, but G promises to get back in time for some afternoon riding so that's a plus. I am therefore trying to knuckle down with my Spanish (have now memorised all the 200 verbs in the little book G's sister gave me), organise my travel insurance claim forms for my broken camera (long story) and organise Vienna for this weekend. Have arranged a meeting place for my Couchsurfing friend, and then we're going straight to a free Belly Fusion dance class. Woot woot!!

Also, the countdown to Rio continues... Just 10 days to go now. I can almost feel the warm Brazilian sun... almost.

Tonight, however, we have a dinner party at J's house where I'm sure the alcohol will be flowing. We should set a curfew for ourselves (and stick to it) but I know myself too well... as much as I try to the contrary, I WILL choose a good, drunken time over a pounding head and extra early wake-up call tomorrow. Sigh. Maybe these dance classes won't be so fun after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment