Monday 14 February 2011

My first time leading a camel!!

This morning's routine was disrupted by an eletricity blackout, making it nearly impossible to see the muck we were meant to be cleaning and actually impossible to put the feed through the machine. So, we did what we could and left the rest til later.

Then came the riding. Not one ride, not two, no no not even three, but FOUR rides later we were finished!! Albeit they were shorter rides, but we basically needed to start getting the camels out into the bush again after the winter months break - also, because I'd mentioned to G that I wanted to get my own camel in Australia, she was keen to train me on leading a camel.

First we went out with her leading the youngest, most untrained one (Aladdin) then she took out 2 of the others, then two others, then it was my turn to get a camel! It looked simple enuf, and what do you know - it was simple! I am sure she gave me the best behaved one (which happened to be the one that spat in my face last time I was hungover and trying to feed - cunt) and went the easiest route, but still I had fun.

Hopefully the weather stays middle of the road as it is - not too cold and icy, not too hot and muddy - so we can go out with the camels more and actually ride them instead of just lead! No doubt G won't actually give us reins, just lead, but still, how fun!!

After the riding, we were told to put the horses out and give the animals lunch, then it was free time!! But before that, it was just little things - do this, do that - and it started to grate on me. At one point, I actually snapped at G, when she came into the kitchen as we finished lunch asking if we'd cooked her anything. Sometimes it gets to me... when we're meant to be helpers with the yard, in the kitchen, in the house... But I know it's just my temper. We had some good riding so I should be grateful. And this training is so good for me.

Earlier in the day, G had asked me if I wanted to come to the aerobics class she taught and, as I had done several times before, she assumed I would bail by the day's end because I was too tired but this time I was pumped for it. It was just in Melk so not far. Well, the class was... interesting. Unusual kinds of movements... that's all I can say. Definitely the first time I've ever come out of an aerobics class without sweating (maybe the gym was a little colder), but I think I got some good stretches in. And I DEFINITELY feel more fit and muscular than before. Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment