Friday 8 October 2010

The dinner that never materialised

All I had was one night in London, so I had to make it worthwhile. Told some mates I was in town, didn't really have time to broadcast it but at the same time it was an interesting test to see who gave a shit or not!

I started drinking at lunchtime. 2 thirds of my DC girls made sure of it. Then there was another friend's house. More drinks. And a quick hi to a stressed friend taking time out from work. More drinks. Then meeting up with a lovely lil geezer I missed out on seeing last trip to London for dinner. Although we never ended up eating anything.

A pre-drink at the pub turned into an all-night booze session, highly expected from said geezer plus the other rogues that turned up to join the party. All as bad an influence on each other. Not that I needed much to tip over the edge. Of the spotty memory towards the end of the night, I'm pretty sure I confessed my undying love for a particular someone (to their face) and made a complete, utter fool out of my emo self. Sigh.

Luckily, the person in question had the decency to be a downright sweetheart back and make me feel like less of a douche. But fuck me, someone needs to remind me to pack some gaffer tape in my bag before I go out drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment