Friday 8 October 2010

And the weariness sets in...

After Saturday night's efforts, I took a little time adjusting to life on Sunday. I scrambled out of bed, coaxed myself into putting some makeup on and staggered off to meet friends for lunch. Ate way too much, tried to drink champagne (someone's gotta do it) and barely got down 2 glasses... I was in Struggle Town.

Then came Parklife. My mate kindly gave me a guest ticket and another friend gave me VIP so I was sorted. I just could not for the life of me imagine drinking alcohol. Only until the bitter end did I manage a couple of beers, and by this stage everyone around me was so wasted it kinda seemed pointless to try and catch up.

But I did get a good dance in to Missy Elliott (for those times she actually chose to sing), Busy P, New Young Pony Club, Kele and Groove Armada on their last tour ever :( The festival itself wasn't that amazing but it was good to see more mates, and then afterwards head into town to see more people. Just 2 beers later and I was DONE. Absolutely pooped! Got a cab home, impressed the driver that I picked some of the Algerian/French he was talking on the phone via my Romanian skills and was tucked into bed before midnight. And god, did I need that sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment