Saturday 9 October 2010

Next stop Slovenia

After the massive drink-a-thon that was London, I jumped on a plane to Ljubljana, capital of Slovenia and my place of residence for the next month. The plane was too uncomfortable to sleep on again, so I sat in impatience trying to make time go faster. Arriving late, I soon met my new hosts D and A, and their gorgeously cheerful little baby N.

I wanted a quite bite and then bed, but I was led around the property to meet the ´troubled´ family dog and 6 horses I´d be working with during my stay here. The stallion is indeed ´self-confident´ as D had described him to me, but to the point that I need to amp up my aggression factor to make sure he doesn't smack me down. Fun times.

I went to bed mega early and after brushing down and getting to know all the horses again (2 mares, 1 stallion and 2 foals), I went into the house and saw the dog playing with a toy. Stupidly, and ignoring all D´s warnings to be careful with this animal, I tried playing with him and surprise surprise, he attacked me. Super fun times.

Blood was pouring everywhere, it was clear the bites on my finger were not just grazes and I was getting light-headed from the whole ordeal. Lying on the bathroom floor didn´t help much, considering the floor is heated, but eventually I calmed down and now I have to function without most use of my left hand, my good hand. I guess it´s good to be ambidextrous.

It just annoyed me because a) I was so stupid to ignore the warnings I was given, b) it´s the first time I´ve been attacked by a dog even after being told it was aggressive and c) it means now I can´t play with it or pat it, and to me that´s the whole joy of being around pets.

They do have 2 pet snails so I guess I could always give them a try ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment