Sunday 10 October 2010

Beauty vs. depression

It´s been an interesting first few days for me here, mostly on an emotional level. The dog attack has seriously altered my mental state because I feel I can´t help as much as I should and also am worried that after the 2 month correspondence with the hosts here, I´m disappointing their expectations of me coming here.

There is really only 1 of the 5 horses here I can ride, the others are either too young or too untrained/flighty. So I do what I can, brushing and cleaning, and lunging when I can. But it´s hard. And it´s making me mull around in a state of semi-depression. I most certainly am not my normal effervescent self. I´m counting down the days til dad gets here.

The other workers are from Italy and Spain, both lovely and the Spanish one is giving me reiki on my finger. With 3 of us here, it´s a little crowded which makes me feel even more useless, but the Italian is leaving on Monday so maybe that will make it a bit better.

Besides my damp mood, the countryside around where I am in Slovenia is just beautiful. Like Romania but richer, better managed and cleaner. Can´t wait to see the rest of the country on tour with dad, just hope I have enuf clothes to keep me warm. Even as I write this I am starting to shiver a bit... need to put on another jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment