Friday 8 October 2010

Re-igniting old flames...

Thursday night rolled around and I headed to an industry gig to catch up with mates. Didn't know much about this thing but it turned out to be a networking event for people in the music industry with media, advertising, film etc. So it wasn't entirely unusual that I only knew a handful of people, but perhaps a little unexpected that I ran into a guy I hadn't seen for years who works for something like the stock exchange.

Anyway, the night wore on, I was suitably appetised by almost illegally young rock singers (sigh) and before I knew it, I was having all manner of flashbacks back at my mate's parents' house in Vaucluse. Damn, that is a fine property. 180 degree views of the entire Sydney Harbour. Can't complain about that.

So, getting my diva on to suit the mood, I refused to go out on the balcony until I had a spliff in one hand and a big, fluffy bathrobe around me. Suitably attired, we wandered out and before long he was proving my theory wrong that he'd never reciprocated the crush I had on him... Good times, great classic hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment