Wednesday 20 October 2010

Bleeding craziness by the lake

Luckily the first half of today was spent in the back seat of the car, because I was too tired to be exerting much energy. That damned throbbing tooth kept me up to the point that even a Sandra Bullocks movie seemed appealing in aid of making me weary. Tough times.

Today was our 'Bled tour' day, and it ended up being really nice. The initial drive around the snow-topped mountains awarded us some pretty awesome views and another lake to ooh ahh at (dad loves a good lake), and it gave dad another chance to pretend he was in the Targa Tasmania going around some of those hairpin bends. Inside every man is a little boy.

After lunch (again a massive undertaking), we went for a walk around Lake Bled, and took an insane amount of photos on the camera my bro gave me (after I severely disabled my pretty new little Nikon). Dad was annoyed he couldn't take photos on his nice, big Nikon but since I pretty much wrecked it to the point of needing repair (don't know how but I bent one of the tiny pins in the memory card space), I kept quiet. He doesn't want to openly blame me but...

Dad's wife bought a watercolour painting from a local man by the river, who ended up doing a quick watercolour sketch of us 3 and basically laughing hysterically at his own jokes (or just laughing because) for about 10 minutes while dad tried not to impatiently tap his foot... the guy was crazy, but it was pretty funny.

Then we headed to Bled Castle, which as dad says has possibly the best view he's ever seen from a castle - which is a big call considering he's seen a good chunk of the most beautiful castles in the world! Big castle connisseur there... I gotta admit though, it was pretty nice. Sitting right over the lake, and the sun decided to finally come out in the afternoon so we had some good photo opportunities. Yay!

Now I'm obviously on the computer but wondering if dad has falling asleep, because I haven't heard him knock on the door for dinner yet. And that's unlike him. Must rouse him now. Adijo!

No comments:

Post a Comment