Monday 11 October 2010

From riding lessons to Playboy

OK, so today I´m in slightly better spirits than yesterday. Have been talking to a random bouncer me and K met in Oz while bar hopping, who runs an exotic dance party business on the side. What a connection! Not only can I see some very fun nights ahead with this scene, but also some potential job opportunities. Be sure I´ll be hitting him up when I return home!!

I´ve also just given the Italian worker a horseriding lesson on Spooky, the best trained horse here who reminds me of my precious Issi and how I´ve trained her. Bless. Anyway, she went really well which I´m sure is more due to the horse and a competent rider than my teaching methods. Still, it made me feel a little less useless today. Hopefully I´ll get a chance for a short ride this afternoon.

There´s one thing that´s kinda weird about this place though. Well, a couple of things. And I spose it´s more just getting used to it. Firstly, they are a 'diaper-less' family so they don´t use diapers on their baby. Which I totally understand from an environmental point of view but it´s just unusual to see a mother crouching over a compost jiggling her baby boy around to get him to take a piss into the decomposing manure. Also, they have Playboy mags in the bathroom. Next to the toilet. It weirds me out when I go into the bathroom, thinking what the last person who sat on the bowl was doing or thinking... I just think it´s strange they don´t move them if they have helpers around.

But whatever. Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment