Wednesday 6 October 2010

Backtracking to Oz... Scuuuuuuuuuuubaaaaarrrr

OK so I'm not really sure how this is gonna work but basically I have now wrapped up an insane 10 days of visiting family and friends in Australia, and will attempt to give the short but sweet versions of each day.

Last I remember I had blogged about my sister's party which was epic. So after spending the w.e up the coast, I headed back to Sydney to start the big friends catch up. Deep breath. And get the calendar out to refresh my memory.

The first night back in town I spent with some industry mates (most of which were drunk when I got there) and a couple of lovely ladies I just happen to know. We went to Betty's Soup Kitchen then the Courthouse (hideous) and then topped off a classy evening at Scubar, where unnamed industry boozehound didn't even make it past the bouncer before she bailed into a cab unexpectedly.

Once inside this club - open til 4am on a Monday night and sandwiched next to Australia's biggest youth hostel - we were greeted with the expected mix of students and backpackers, all of whom had one thing and one thing only on their minds: picking up. So us old fogies, feeling ever the older when one of my mates saw some of the law students she teaches at uni, hung about people watching.

Before long, there was a steady stream of guys coming in for the kill on one of us at a time. We politely refused each and every one of them and soon realised our dreams of a good ol' pash, dash n palm were not going to be achieved. Not that night anyway. We did meet some hot Italians but, well, I've not had the best experience with Italian men thus far and so we decided against going to another seedy bar in the Cross when Scubar closed, and left them in a cab behind us wondering whz the hell we turned left instead of right.

No comments:

Post a Comment