Friday 8 October 2010

Farewelling home

Being a gypsy, it's really something to be able to feel at 'home' somewhere. And be surrounded by old friends and family, comfortable with everything around you. So it was a little sad when my final day finally rolled around in Australia. But them's the breaks for a nomadic lifestyle. Juuuuust when ya get comfy...

Had a quick breakfast with mum and headed over for lunch at dad's, where I had my final goodbyes with a couple of me besties as well. Then it was off to the airport, filled with mixed emotions and small amount of relief that the 10 day party was drawing to a close. Was definitely looking forward to some chill-out time - the flight to get there, no - but some chill-out time for defo.

The flight to London was about as fun as it could've been. The first leg I was so uncomfortable, even though I had 2 seats to lay across, but I just couldn't sleep and was all restless. I felt like I was coming down. Which in a way I spose I was... But this man in front of me kept hocking up, and I find that disgusting. Especially when he was from England, I mean come on, that is not culturally acceptable!!

The second leg I just slept, all sore from the first leg, and really itchy to get off the plane and see my friends in London. Got grilled at the airport, left my print-outs in my backpack so didn't have any proof I was going forward from there. Told them I had no interest in more employment in London and couldn't have been more sincere. London is not where my head's at right now. And I know that for sure. Need something new to focus on.

Now it's just a case of figuring out what the hell I want to focus on and whether my loose plans for the next few months have anything to do with that. Man, what a boring post! I'm sorry everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment