Tuesday 23 November 2010

Reality MTV wins over reality

There is something telling about having just 2 channels available to you in English on TV. In my such circumstance, I have CNN and MTV and you would not believe the dignity I sacrifice to prevent having to watch anything remotely meaningful and important. I'll watch fucking Jersey Shore over Ireland going bankrupt. I'm sorry guys but even bad LA boob jobs and ugly guys that think they're all that win over hardhitting news. You seriously want me to think??

I have enuf on my plate having to deal with 3 different classes of kids trying to learn English or get away with not learning it. Today, while I got more hugs and of course more wonderment at my hair, I managed to skive off a couple of lessons in the computer room (everyone do an Australia Quiz yayyyyy!!!) and do some games to make the time go a little quicker. Think I'm doing all right so far.

Things on the recent heartbreaking situation have quietened down for me, as I come to realise that it's probably the best way to have things. This way I still get an awesome, good friend I know I can have good times with and I also am not building up expectations of anything that might not happen, which as a girl I have a tendency to do. This way I am free to enjoy the rest of my time overseas and also have nothing to rush back for, except the little matter of my sister's wedding. Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment