Monday 29 November 2010

Cute little Kookaburras

Friday arrived along with my fuzzy head and after just one close call in the classroom, I managed to refrain from vomiting the entire day. Word to the wise: do not try to write on the chalkboard when hungover. For something I never realised had a smell, that shit STINKS to high heaven when you´re battling a funny stomach.

We had our presentations to the parents, teachers and some other classes - my kids sang ´Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree´ and told the audience what they learnt in English class - and we gave out the certificates for the English week. My kids did really well, I was well proud and E said he thought my presentation was the best of the 3 classes. Chuffed with that! I was even asked by one of my students if I did private tuition :) And the kid was 9 years old OK, so don´t get any ideas...

After school, we went back to the apartment and the others packed quickly for their train while I chilled out a few hours before going to the bus stop for my ride to Munich. After all, I had to have time to finish cleaning the damn oven!

My bus left at 7:15pm and took 10 hours to get to Munich, via Budapest and Prague. Every time we stopped I had no idea which country I was in or what weather it would be. Well, it´s a given it will be cold, but at some points it was snowing and that just threw me. Imagine not even knowing where in the world you are... very strange situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment