Thursday 3 November 2011

Me and my menagerie

When I have pets again, like the kind you keep in a house, I'm gonna love them to death. I'm gonna hold them and hug them and squeeze them til they squirm. In a good way. I know people say that and then, 12 months later, they're inside their cosy little homes while the precious little pet is all alone outside.

Not me. I will love them til they die. Just like I did with Angie, my beautiful little best friend of 10 years. So maybe this nomad life has to stop, just for a little while. I am desperately craving pets again. I want a dog, I want a cat, I want a young horse to train (and be friends with my horsey) and I want a camel (for a start). I want them all! I want a menagerie! I'm just lucky the guy I chose to spend my life with will probably just say, "Whatever you want, sweetness, as long as you're happy."

But do I have a menagerie and ground myself somewhere? Well that's a big ask for me (and my boy) right now. We're still in that adventurous stage of our lives. Not that I've not already severely restricted the "adventure" part of my boy's time away from home now... just imagine if he went home to mum and dad, and proclaimed not only that he'd had an amazing time away but he'd finally fallen madly in love with someone who lives on the other side of the world. Yeah, they'd be thrilled. Can't wait for that family reunion.

But anyway... its all part of the 2.5 kids, picket fence dream right?? Really, the sensible thing to do would be to get all our traveling out of our systems first, establish ourselves with a house to buy or rent... But URGH doesn't that just seem the most boring of existences??? Oh, how this life eludes me.... but darn it if I won't have my animals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment