Tuesday 31 August 2010

RIP Bunka

I forgot to write in my last post that this morning, my boss had to break the neck of the family cat because it was just getting worse and worse after the dogs attacked it a couple of weeks ago. It hadn't really eaten more than a few tiny bits of food that whole time and just drunk water and some milk, it was really gaunt and just basically skin n bones. Even her eyes were sunken and lost in a sea of depression. It was frustrating because she was making progress with her back legs but nothing with her diet... anyway, it wasn't the best start to the day but that's life - or death - I suppose.

Today we helped with the grass pretty much all day, which was AWESOME. Wish I could do that every day. Not but seriously it was OK, we felt like getting away from the house for a while and the weather was a bit cold and wet so the grass that fell on us wasn't dry and dusty at least. And the gypsies, as gypsy-like as they are, are actually fun to work with.

But anyway, we went for a ride afterwards because otherwise I think we'd all go insane (it's our way of relaxing even though technically it's the work we came here to do). I think I had my last ride on Goody before we take him back to the herd tomorrow, and I leave, but at least we get to go to the shepherd boy's house. He is so very nice these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment