Sunday 8 August 2010

Night riders

After not jumping on a horse all day, last night we were compelled to go on our first Romanian night ride. I chose the random horse we'd picked from the paddock, nicknamed Palinka, and got a little shaken when she balked at the bridle going on in the dark. Keep calm, they can feel your anxiety, I say to myself. Regardless, I actually wore a helmet this time just in case.

It was a beautiful night to ride, we stuck to the roads so we didn't crash ass-up into a ditch or something, but the mozzies were absolutely terrible. E jumped on Lineka bareback cos she couldn't deal with a western saddle in the dark and L rode the other random one, Milcha. Even on the surfaces I'd not covered (my face and hands), the little buggers would not let up. We decided as we headed to the more swampy part of the road that it was time to turn around.

When we got back we couldn't find the key to our guesthouse so we resigned to the original guesthouse we'd stayed in. I took Kulva in with me after playing "Bruise or Dirt?" in the shower. Always a fun way to pass the time.

Today it's time for L's debut ride on Coffee, fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment