Saturday 21 August 2010

I know, let's go up that vertical hill!!

Stupid me strikes again today while L and I rode through a beautifully scenic forest track. I somehow wandered off course and then had a mammoth and slightly mossy hill ahead of me. My horse, Casper, didn't make a second thought before he braved it and while I was aiming for the more appropriately safe 70% incline, he just charged towards the 90% area. Heavy.

At the point he was literally jumping for grip I bailed. Since I was already quite close to the ground, it was an easy decision and just meant that I had to duck n roll as Casper slid on his bum down the hill. So it seems, again, I had quite good timing. Something about this situation brings back a sense of deja vu - what is it about me and ridiculously steep and slippery hills??!

Other than that - actually quite an entertaining incident - today was pretty good. After staying up until about 4:30am with the boss' wife drinking and talking shit (something we've become quite good at), I gave myself a sleep-in and strolled into breakfast at about 11:30am. Nice. Feeding myself water to stave off the hangover trying desperately to encase my brain, we then headed to the local market that happens every so often in the next village. There were horses, cattle, related farm supplies and a couple of places selling knifes. Yay! I have been keen to get one for a while, not to practise my east London rudeboy skills but just in case something happens out on a ride. So I picked one up, probably a shit one, for £2. Nice. Then I used it to cut my piece of pork at lunch.

Jumped on the back of the boss' friend's scooter for the ride home, was super nice having natural air con especially after a couple of beers. Then we had another dog almost killed by the pack of dogs here that like to be cheeky, as we tried to ride away, and I had to jump off, leave my horse standing in the middle of the road, and use my riding crop to smack away the dogs... I was a very mad girl.

We're about to eat, quite a bit later because E got lost with the guest on a ride - and I am SO thankful I'm not the only one but tomorrow is Sunday, rest day. I can't wait. I think I'll cut E's fringe. Fool be her.

No comments:

Post a Comment