Sunday 30 October 2011

People can change

I think I'm finally realising, really grasping what it's like to not be single. It really does change your life. At least your social life. I really have a different opinion of being out n about, like for once the only aim is not to fulfill my shallow ego dimensions and ensure I am left feeling completely (un)loved by some hot guy who probably would never even remember my name the next time we met. Not that we would ever meet again. Hopefully.

I can happily take myself home at Nana O'Clock knowing that I didn't have a whole night of pulling to come. Though I must admit it was entertaining, it does leave one lusting for a little more after it all. And I am 27, I really need to start taking responsibility for my actions soon. Or maybe a little later. It's cool if it's a little later... I don't like responsibility.

My boy wonders if I've really changed - and that's a fair call. Considering my playgirl past, yeah for sure I would be worried if I was the new, "change-my-life-forever" boyfriend. Was she really telling the truth, how do I know she isn't just saying this to get in my pants??

Well, as it turns out, when I say this to my boy, I am deadly serious. And if it's hard to work out, here is my theory... Ready... The reason I played around before is that I never found anyone to keep my interest. People used to say to me, "Do you think you'll ever have a serious relationship?" And while it didn't seem possible to me at that time, I said, well when I meet the right person...

And then that right person came along. And he finds it hard to believe. So me, all this non-monogomy, only open relationship kinda girl.... suddenly she just wants one guy. Because he makes her happy like no one else has before, he fills that gap in her life. What the hell is going on?? Well, this is precisely what I was predicting, the fact that I met "the one", this person that would set my world on fire. And keep it burning into the night.

Now that I have this amazing person, unbelievable as it is, I think, will I never party again like I used to? Well, not exactly... but I will still party. He just needs to trust me. He needs to understand - now that I have - that his presence in my life constitutes a massive change in direction and there is now no incentive to go cheatin', go lookin' ,go explorin' for something new.

This is real. This is life. This is what I have been waiting for. Now just trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment