Sunday 30 October 2011

The harder clients...

This Saturday was my first working, and it was pretty busy. Lots of kids running around because they had no school, lessons in the arena, cruise ship rides in the morning, more rides in the afternoon. It wasn't super busy like the other day with ride after ride, but there were things to keep me busy. In the Caribbean sense of the word, I swear since being here I have slowed down about 50% my normal workspeed. But it's just so hot.....

My favourite ride, funnily enuf, was my last one. It was a recently married American couple who were not very experienced on horseback. The man was telling me before he got on that he was really scared, and worried the horse would fall over the edge etc etc. But it ended up being his wife that was freaking out. Her horse, the biggest sweetheart of the bunch, walked over to the water bucket to drink and she started yelling, "Help help, what's he doing, ahhh!!!" So as it was, the husband sat quietly waiting for me to calm her down and I ended up putting a lead rope on this woman's horse the whole ride.

Well, I am proud to say they completed the whole ride, as well as got in the water with the horses at the very end. And they looked a helluva lot more relaxed as the ride came to an end - maybe they were just glad it was almost over. But it was a minor victory on my part, that I was able to keep them calm and get them to have this experience, I'm certain they won't forget it!

Got some good tips from them, which was nice, and I think they gave good feedback to my boss. Which reminds me, the 2 rides I took earlier that day I also got good feedback from my boss, who said they liked me, I talked the whole time, was really enjoyable etc. So that's good! It will mean that I get put on trails more often, cos there are other people who don't talk so much with the guests etc, and they're really into customer service at this place.

After work, the boss shouted me and J a beer and we chatted a short while before I had a quick shower at home, and joined J for a quick kebab dinner (super yummy) and some beers at a local sports bar. Went home about 10:30pm, thought that was about enuf for me, since J wasn't going to the dressup Halloween party at Soggy Dollar (what a name for a club!). I am not going out alone here. Would rather go home early and just read in bed. Did feel a bit mean when I woke up, though, as I read a message from after I fell asleep from J saying he couldn't get a cab or bus home. Hope he got there in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment