Monday 30 May 2011

Useless men pt. 692

Saturday. My headache returns with an anger I feel is usually reserved for the likes of Osama Bin Laden or George Bush - or both in the same room. I hear a knock on the door - it`s the cleaning lady asking if I need to check out - NO I DON`T, in fact I am about to vomit from this headache thanks to you - I try to speak Spanish and it hurts even more - I want to die. Die. DIE.

I will myself back to sleep... trying to forget about the rage inside my head... it`s a war I was not going to win. Eventually, at about 2pm, I manage to get up and crawl to the pharmacy across the road for some relief. By this stage, it has eased up a little and I manage a lazy walk around town with L before he starts work.

The guy from my room has already left for a day doing something that started early which I couldn`t quite understand when he explained yesterday in Spanish. So this left me free do little else but wallow in my own self pity for a while. Soon enuf, I bounced back and - headache gone - started thinking about what I would drink that night. I didn`t have any plans for the next day at that stage, and the tour to Cafayate I had scored at a discount from L had been booked for Monday, it beginning at 7 in the morning n all...

At some stage, I got talking to a Dutch girl who was promoting a horseriding company nearby, and well you don`t really have to do much of a sell-job to me about horseriding... the only problem was price, and she said that if I couldn`t afford the half day with asado dealio, I could just come by bus in the arvo for a few hours for cheaper. Done!

Then L came in and said he wanted to come, and we actually started getting a whole bunch of people interested... I was bummed I couldn`t join the half day thing because of cash, but somehow L managed to get it for me at over half the price. It was ridiculously cheap. Yay!!

We had another pre-party at the hostel, dancing around to super gay music programmed by L and drinking drinks definitely NOT bought at the hostel. Nice. This place rocks.

I had actually heard back from my useless friend from here, and he told me when n where he would be out tonight. And that he would call me. Well, he didn`t. But anyway, I had about 15 people coming with me so it wasn`t like I needed the company... We got to the place he mentioned but, ahem, 2 hours later and of course he wasn´t there so we moved along and went dancing to another place.

Then something really strange happened. The whole club area closed at 6am and a row of police literally moved on the ENTIRE lot of people out on a Saturday night - drunks n all - to the other areas of the city. Not sure how far they pushed us out but it was a really funny thing to witness - I wish I had my camera. They weren`t violent about it, everyone just accepted that was how it worked, and danced merrily along down the street... So weird. But I guess that´s the way they control after-hours problems here.

The hot guy from my room was again really wasted but this time he actually came out - I couldn`t stop him without using excessive force - and I literally had to RUN away from him in the end to make sure he wasn`t ANYWHERE near to me. Especially since I didn`t know if I was going to end up seeing that guy again. But fucking prick, not any effort more than a couple of replies to my messages. That was it. Last time I try.

We got back at 7am, I arranged my things for horseriding the next day - sorry, in 2 hours - and I slept soundly until L came to wake me at 9am. Shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment