Wednesday 18 May 2011

Buenos Aires = "Good" Air??? Uff

So I am back in Buenos Aires. The familiar stench of exhaust fumes welcomes me with open arms. The rubbish collectors have (again) delayed their pickup just for my return. The men have saved up their best, most deliciously polite comments for me to walk by. Ahh, to be home.

I am counting the days til I leave.

Now having committed myself to yet another pizza party (urgh), I am obliged to stay until Thursday but that kinda works anyway cos I would like a weekend in Cordoba. Apparently it's a small version of Buenos Aires - I'm hoping that means it's a bit cleaner too.

The first night I spent back I had a kip but woke myself to go meet my Australian friend N and her boyfriend, who are here for a short time before heading elsewhere in South America and whom I haven't seen for god knows how long. It was really good to catch up, we were just in the bar around the corner, so it was easy to get to and easy to get home.

I drank nothing, not a drop, because my stomach was still too sensitive for it. And I knew if I took it easy that night I could double my efforts the next night. Which I did. Boom.

I had planned a sleep-in for the next day, but as I went to sleep sober, my body believed it had had enuf sleep at about 10am and I was up n at'em. Ufffff.... Armed with a camera (woot woot), I walked to the main bus terminal to compare prices for buses to Cordoba and took some pics of the cool graffiti about town. There really is some sweet art around here. It gives me a whole new appreciation of the city. Maybe it ain't that bad.

After an afternoon siesta, I was ready to party. But that is a whole other story...a whole other blog. Check in again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment