Wednesday 4 May 2011

Uruguay... here I come!!

It was so cute last night... I came in to my room, failing miserably to be quiet because the door lock is super hard to wrangle (esp in the dark) and when I got inside, I heard a fit of giggles from the cute little Mexican girl and the Dutch girl... OK OK, I know I am hopeless at being quiet!! But it was so cute, reminded me of being in a dorm in high school or something. Then we gossiped a little before going to sleep. Felt like turning on the lights and plaiting their hair.

Having given myself an early night, I woke up at a reasonable hour today and actually got everything done I wanted to... well, almost everything. I needed a bloody passport to exchange my dollars, didn't I... fuck knows why... so that is still on my to do list - after waiting god knows how long in the friggin bank line. But I FINALLY sorted my ticket to Uruguay - what a mission that was - and still for just over USD$30 (which these days is the same as AUD anyway!). Pretty good I think.

I will get to Colonia, a town I have heard is pretty but boring, touristy and expensive. So I think I will give that tour a miss, and head towards Montevideo... hopefully stopping on the way at this horsey hostel where I am currently trying to wrangle a free or discounted room. I did mentioned I am staff from BA in my original email but their reply didn't seem to recognise that, and was just a cut n paste info mail about their prices and directions. Sigh. I hate asking for freebies. It can be so awkward.

I am also trying to get free accomm at a hostel in Punta del Diablo, apparently the nicer of the beach regions... and have contacted my CS friends from Uruguay in hopes they are still free. I will get by... I will.

Besides FINALLY posting my postcards (from Iguazu...posted in BA), I joined my roomies for a quick bite at the famous Tortoni restaurant, the oldest in Argentina I think. It was unsurprisingly classically beautiful inside, with all original decor, even the old till still, large stone pillars and pictures of famous clientele adorning the walls. We were only ripped off a few pesos with the bill - somehow our waiter still doesn't ¨know¨ the prices and I paid a few pesos more... but we gave them no tip so whatever.

Talking with the Mexican girl has really made me wanna go to Central America, but I still wanna go to India, live in Spain and do Africa... sigh. Just too much to see!! And how to pay for it all?? Who friggin knows. All I know is that I HAVE to come back to South America... as if I couldn't see Cuba, Columbia, Costa Rica... and then Central America. Ufff....

Now I am waiting to see if my friend that works at the plaza nearby (the same one who I had that randomly large nite on the rack with the other week) turns up to the hostel for a smoke. I don't think he will but who knows. Otherwise, it's chill time for this little chica.

No comments:

Post a Comment