Monday 2 May 2011

Losing my mind...losing everything

With my recent spate of losing...uhh, just about everything... I really was not in high spirits when I woke up yesterday to find I'd completely forgotten about the 100 peso note I had hidden in my bra when I had flung it off before clambering into bed the night before.

After completely up-ending my backpack, oh the joys of doing that, and finding nothing, I tramped downstairs in a bit of a shitter trying to calculate how many days it could be before I could leave and try to salvage any other item of semi-value from being lost to the bowels of Buenos Aires. This was around the same time I realised in my lost purse was not only my iPod Shuffle but my favourite necklace I got from dad a while back, and some earrings I bought in Serbia. Damn fucking useless bitch I am.

At reception, I ran into the English girls who I thought had left when I was sleeping, and told them about my money problem. They said, ¨Ahh that must be where that extra cash came from that we found¨ and gave me back my 100. Well, I hope it was my 100... otherwise I just blatantly took their money off them for my mistake. Anyway, they insisted so...

The night before I had gotten quite drunk, partying at the hostel bar with insanely cheap drinks and a decent crowd of friends from the cute little skatey receiptionist from the other hostel before heading to a nearby club that actually turned out to be the same one from a few nights earlier that wasn't that full.

Well, tonight it was full, and when me and F - old manager from Iguazu - walked in and told them we work with the hostels, we were given a free welcome drink and free entry. So that was the only drink I got there, prices are just too high and I was drunk enuf TBH... But we had a good dance.

So the skatey boy. I did develop somewhat of a crush on the boy, and boy I say because he does look about 17 even thought he is 23 - what is with me and young boys??? - and I was getting some signs, but then got a little confused... so in typical me style, I just put it out there and asked at one point, 'so do you like me or not?' to which he replied 'yes...but I have a girlfriend'. Motherfucker.

Him being drunk - and a guy - basically said, 'Well so what' to which I had to explain the foundations of a relationship with him. Not that I can be all high n mighty here, but I felt his gf at least deserved him trying to understand what mutual respect is about. After I finished, and he realised he shouldn't be quite so flippant - god, am I getting RESPONSIBLE in my old age??? - he said I was even more amazing because I just did that. Ahhh, tis tough to be me sometimes haha...

So that was that with the skatey. Yet another lovely little skater to cross off my list. Sigh. It will happen. One day. Pretty sure I kissed the photographer though, and basically had an open invitation from my former work colleague (lesbian), but I ended up in bed alone. Wasn't really in the mood, to be fair. Sometimes it feels good to have your own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment